Monday, August 17, 2009

Gluten-Free Brownies

My blogging friend SnoWhite posted this recipe on her blog awhile back. I finally got to make them this week! They are so yummy and no one would ever guess that they have no flour in them. There is one special ingredient...Jacob tried to guess, but couldn't get it right...

Black beans!!
I know it sounds weird, but don't write it off til you try them!


Gluten-Free Brownies

1 can (15.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs
3 T olive oil (I used vegetable oil because I was out of olive oil)
1/4 C cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C white sugar
1/2 C chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 8x8 or 7x11 pan (I used 7x11).
  2. In your blender, combine the beans, eggs and oil. Then, puree the mixture. Scrape down the sides several times to make sure everything gets evenly pureed.
  3. Add in the cocoa, sugar, baking powder, pinch of salt and vanilla and puree until smooth. Scrape down the sides again to get everything mixed in.
  4. Pour the brownie mixture in the pan.
  5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the brownies.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Hope you enjoy! The brownies will be gooey and have a different (but good!) texture.

No comments: