Sunday, March 20, 2011

Broccoli Salad


I love this salad! It is the perfect blend of sweet and tangy and crunchy and chewy. So good!

Broccoli Salad - Adapted from my Southern Plate cookbook

4-5 cups chopped broccoli (you can chop and use the stalks too)
1/2 cup raisins (I used some golden and regular raisins)
1 (3oz) package real bacon bits
1/2 of a red onion, chopped
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup mayo
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

Combine broccoli, raisins, bacon bits, onion, and walnuts in a large bowl.

In a medium bowl, whisk may, sugar, and vinegar together until sugar dissolves. Pour over broccoli mixture. Stir until well coated and refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is such a good salad! My friend always makes this for showers she has and I love it!