Monday, April 19, 2010

Homemade Grilled Pizza


I know grilled pizza sounds hard, but it really isn't! Jacob and I tried it for the first time tonight, and loved it. I especially liked that I didn't have to use the oven and heat up the house.
  • Make sure your grill is clean! You don't want your pizza to stick. 
  • Turn grill on to medium heat.
  • Mix up your favorite pizza dough. This is my all time favorite recipe. It's super quick and easy and oh so tasty!
  • Roll out dough on a lightly floured baking pan or stone. We made two smaller pizzas so they would be easier to handle.
  • Brush olive oil lightly onto both sides of the dough. You don't want to overdo on the oil or you will have flare-ups!
  • Gather all your toppings. We used sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, onions, and parmesan cheese. The onions didn't get quite cooked, so next time I will grill the veggies a little before putting them on the pizza.
  • Take pizza dough, toppings, and spatulas {pancake turners as we call them} out to the grill.
  • Lightly spray grill rack with cooking spray.
  • Carefully pick up pizza dough a lay it on the grill. Don't worry, it will not fall through the grate!
  • Close lid and cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until the bottom is browned and there are bubbles on top {like pancakes get}.
  • Use pancake turner and flip the dough over.
  • Working quickly, slap on your toppings and close grill lid. Cook 1 1/2 minutes or until bottom is browned and cheese is melted.
  • Carefully remove pizza to the baking pan or stone you used to roll the dough out on.
  • Cut into wedges and enjoy!

17 comments:

SnoWhite said...

I've always wanted to have grilled pizza!!! YUM!

ludvigvanbanana said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try it some time.

Heather said...

Yum! Looks great! We just got a grill so I will definitely be trying this one. I'd love for you to come by my blog tomorrow and share a fave recipe for my Faith, Food, and Fashion Friday! I just looove exchanging recipes!

SnoWhite said...

we grilled pizzas tonight!!! using your tips -- they turned out fabulous :) thanks!

prashant said...

Thanks for the recipe.
Banner Advertising Network India

Beth McC. said...

I will be making this this weekend! YUM!! I love getting new recipes- Have a great weekend!

Mallory said...

Looks incredible! Yum!! Cute blog!

michelle ellis said...

Yummy! That sounds and looks so good!

LeAnna said...

Oh yum!! This sounds delish! Ill definately have to try! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Kellys Korner.

Summer said...

This sounds soooooooo yummy I have always wanted to try a grilled pizza but we are always scared to try it on our grill LOL....looks so good

Your blog is just precious
Have a great weekend
xoxo
Summer :)

Summer said...

This sounds soooooooo yummy I have always wanted to try a grilled pizza but we are always scared to try it on our grill LOL....looks so good

Your blog is just precious
Have a great weekend
xoxo
Summer :)

cassandrasmom said...

I want to get brave and try this! It looks wonderful and so yummy

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering!! Thanks for sharing!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

We are going to do this tomorrow....Have a few hours to blog hop....Love nights like this.......Hope you will stop by....new giveaway on my holiday blog...A BOOK EXTRAVAGANZA!
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic idea! I hate how our oven heats up our kitchen.

Kerbi said...

I love the idea of grilling pizza! Thanks for the recipe. Love your blog!

Shoshanah said...

I think this is such a great idea! I've always seen chefs do this on TV, but I've never actually tried it myself. But it looks easy enough that I really should take a chance sometime!