Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Photo credits: Baco Recipes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
(Printable Version)
5lb bag red potatoes, peeled and chunked
1 bulb of garlic, separated and cloves peeled
1 stick butter
1/2 - 3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley (optional)

In a large pot boil potatoes and garlic cloves for 20 minutes or until tender; drain and return to pot. Add butter and cover with lid for 5 minutes to allow butter to melt. Add remaining ingredients and mash potatoes with an electric mixer. I start with 1/2 cup of chicken broth but then add more if the potatoes need to be creamier.

Visit The Happy Housewife for more great side dish recipes!

4 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Those look so yummy! I love garlic mashed potatoes!

SnoWhite said...

me too! I posted a garlic mashed potato recipe to this side dish swap too :) great minds think alike!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, my! These sound FABULOUS! I make garlic mashed taters, but nothing like this. :D

prashant said...

Those look so yummy!
Banner Advertising Network India